Director of Sales
About The Position
Reporting to the VP Sales, the Head of Sales role will be our first sales hire in the US, leading our early sales efforts and helping build the foundation for our sales growth. The role will include:
- Initially, full cycle sales, from prospecting to signing, primarily focused on large-enterprise technology platforms.
- Understand, position and clearly articulate the value/benefits of ActiveFence’s products and services to all levels of seniority and across multiple departments in the organization.
- Conduct discovery calls with customers and prospects to understand organizational structure, key decision makers, procurement processes, IT systems, and Trust & Safety / Fraud workflows
- Transition to Sales Management role within 6-12 months after establishing sales playbook and onboarding materials.
- Help grow, train and manage our direct sales team (Account Executives and SDRs) and oversee pipeline and forecast management, as well as professional development
- “Quarterback” the efforts of sales development reps, sales engineering and success managers, intelligence and domain experts, account management and internal ActiveFence teams - to grow and close our pipeline.
- Build an Account-Level Strategy, as part of a highly targeted sales approach, and leading the account team through execution of the strategy.
- First boots on the ground, demonstrating organizational leadership by building the foundations for and mentoring of junior sales team members, providing increasingly high levels of impact to ensure company-wide success.
- Working closely with Marketing to assist in developing collateral used for prospecting and converting - ABM, presentations, case studies, white papers, and more.
- Paving the road we are driving on - the account executive will work alongside the VP Sales in building our Sales Playbook
- 3-6 years of Sales experience, at least 3 dealing with Enterprise Sales ($100K+ ACV) - must
- Some Sales Management experience (Sales Director, Head of Sales, Sales Manager, Team Lead, etc)
- Early Hire on sales team a big plus
- BD Experience - big plus
- MBA a plus
- Selling Technology - a must
- Selling into Technology (customers are tech firms) - a plus
- Internet / Cyber / Mobile industry background - a big plus
- Sales involving a layer of Professional Services - another plus
- Worked at Series C / 200 people or less - a plus
- Worked at a Startup / 1000 people or less - a must
- CA or NY - big plus
ActiveFence identifies and tracks harmful content online. We support technology platforms, corporate enterprises, NGOs and governments as they fight terror, hate speech, disinformation, child sexual abuse, and other malicious activities on the internet, protecting the public online and offline. Using AI-powered technology and a cross-platform approach, ActiveFence accesses and monitors hidden sources of chatter in the deep and dark web in order to counter malicious activities online. ActiveFence has become a trusted partner to a variety of organizations in the battle against bad actors across the globe.