Misinformation Team Lead
About The Position
As a Misinformation Team Lead at ActiveFence, you will use your management skills, internet-fluency, online resourcefulness, broad areas of interest, writing proficiency, investigative interests, and solution-based thinking, to review online emerging trends from Europe and lawfully access difficult-to-come-by open-source data from the deep-web.
You enjoy finding things online and have an investigative and journalistic mindset. You are a proficient writer and editor and are comfortable with a fast pace and technical environment. You are interested in European politics, world events, misinformation, finding emerging trends, and are passionate about leading a team. You like to work on several topics simultaneously and learn new things. Fast.
You will be reviewing and editing intelligence briefs and analyzing EU-based malicious activities online while focusing on solutions to improve workflows and efficiency. You’ll be coming up with solutions to stop these activities from happening by gathering intelligence.
- Advanced analysis – conducting high-level Open Source Intelligence investigations as well as creating ad-hoc reports on different topics in order to support the sales, intelligence and R&D efforts of the company.
- Team lead experience
- Analyzing online activity and providing meaningful insights.
- Reviewing and editing content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent English and strong editing skills + at least one European language.
- Monitoring third party websites, forums, messaging app channels and more to uncover malicious activities.
- Assist our product and intelligence teams to understand our customers’ needs better by tracking their pains, following industry trends and communicating their needs.
- A pro-active and independent thinker and doer.
- A Quick learner of new practice areas and technological tools.
- Tons of curiosity.
- A methodological approach to the art of web intelligence.
- WEBINT / OSINT experience
- Intelligence Background – an advantage.
- Excellent Excel/Google sheets skills.
- Capable of dealing with harsh content at times.
- Must be based in Europe time-zone
ActiveFence detects malicious content online, at scale. Using AI-powered technology, we support technology platforms and government agencies as they fight terror, hate speech and other harmful activities online and offline. We’re on a mission to take the internet back from bad actors, protecting business interests and the public from harm.