Head of Sales
About The Position
Reporting to the VP Sales, the Account Executive role will be our first sales hire in the US, leading our early sales efforts and helping build the foundation for our sales growth. The role will include:
- Full cycle sales, from prospecting to signing, primarily focused on large-enterprise technology platforms.
- “Quarterback” the efforts of sales development reps, sales engineering and success managers, intelligence and domain experts, account management and internal ActiveFence teams - to grow and close our pipeline.
- Understand, position and clearly articulate the value/benefits of ActiveFence’s products and services to all levels of seniority and across multiple departments in the organization.
- Conduct discovery calls with customers and prospects to understand organizational structure, key decision makers, procurement processes, IT systems, and Trust & Safety / Fraud workflows
- Build an Account-Level Strategy, as part of a highly targeted sales approach, and leading the account team through execution of the strategy.
- First boots on the ground, demonstrating organizational leadership by building the foundations for and mentoring junior sales team members, providing increasingly high levels of impact to ensure company-wide success.
- Working closely with Marketing to assist in developing collateral used for prospecting and converting - ABM, presentations, case studies, white papers, and more.
- Paving the road we are driving on - the account executive will work alongside the VP Sales in building our Sales Playbook
- At least 4 years of direct, enterprise-level account executive experience, with at least 8 total years of sales experience (Sales Development, Business Development, Account Management, etc) in technology sales.
- Significant experience leading large and complex sales through long, multi-stakeholder sales processes.
- Strong executive presence, with ability to articulate complex, technical information to subject matter experts - in person and over the phone.
- Excellent quota attainment record, with previous quotas exceeding $500,000 a year, and ACVs exceeding $100,000
- Proven ability to build sales foundations - processes, presentation materials, email templates, objection handling and FAQ assets, etc
- Responsiveness, professionalism and resolve of the highest level - maintaining our positioning of ‘trusted advisor’ to some of the largest technology companies in the world.
- Ability to travel as the role requires
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Experience in intelligence, cyber, internet technologies - a plus
- Experience selling to technology platforms, governments or major global brands - a plus
ActiveFence identifies and tracks harmful content online. We support technology platforms, corporate enterprises, NGOs and governments as they fight terror, hate speech, disinformation, child sexual abuse, and other malicious activities on the internet, protecting the public online and offline. Using AI-powered technology and a cross-platform approach, ActiveFence accesses and monitors hidden sources of chatter in the deep and dark web in order to counter malicious activities online. ActiveFence has become a trusted partner to a variety of organizations in the battle against bad actors across the globe.